Monday, July 5, 2010

Post-Parton...




... and first cut. All in one week.

While one milestone has been memorialized in an image, one mile (or thereabouts) of images is on the verge of being presented...

Tomorrow morning first thing, we will show our first cut to the first of our investors. To get to this turning point, my editor, Jean-François Bergeron and I have been burning the midnight patio lanterns to carve out something that is palatable for the first-time viewer, while still remaining very obviously "a work in progress...".

And with no objectivity left in me at all, I would say that we've achieved our goal: What we have - after 7 straight days of pretty methodical montage - is, I think, a well-prepared canvas that reveals a "sketch" of what the final work could look like....

So to sum up: so far so good.

I think.

The reaction of others - tomorrow in Montreal and then Wednesday in Toronto - will, however, tell much more of the other sides of the story than I can right now. I'll let you know what goes down...

Meantime, I'll put up some photos I took on my inaugural visit to the Sound Kitchen Studios in anticipation of meeting, and working with the one and only, Ms. Dolly Parton!