Monday, February 8, 2010

Making Time

It's only 3:00 pm in L.A. ... still 3 odd hours before our offer to Will Arnett "expires". So far however, the silence is kind of deafening.

Not that it's been a complete vacuum... After a few false starts, we successfully made contact early last week. We were informed that Will's "people" indeed received our package. The appropriate agent subsequently read the script and agreed to pass it along to his client. But he threw us no other bones.

So, we shall see... and I will, of course, let you know when I do.

Meantime, I am preparing to shoot a commercial tomorrow - a tampon commercial!! As one of only a few women directing commercials in Quebec, I figured it was only a matter of time before I got tapped to do one of those. But it's completely cool - a fun concept, sort of "in your face", anti-advertising kind of thing. A nice challenge. And helps to keep my mind off waiting to hear from Will He or Will He Not...

Having been down this road a few times already, however, I am ready for anything. No matter what happens, there will be a next step to take - the main thing is to just keep moving forward... (any resemblance to Wile E. Coyote making good time running in mid-air over the chasm - until he looks down - is pure coincidence). 

Meep! Meep!